Dammit, my eyes are itching

What's this post go to do with bread I hear you ask, well absolutely nothing. I was just quite proud of these two and wanted to show off.

Ok, on to the good stuff,  my eyes are itching.  Since moving to New Zealand nearly 10 years ago I've discovered that I have hay fever,  which is weird cos for 40 years living in the UK I didn't.  Turns out not all pollen is the same, who knew (probably anyone with a basic understanding of botany!).

But this post isn't about hay fever or botany but a follow up to my recent post about covid and selfishness. You see we have a cat,  he's big and fluffy and soft and friendly and loved by everyone in my family,  including me. 
Even though I am insanely allergic to the bugger! And that's why my eyes are itching! Just hint of his dander and I'm in croaky, itchy eyeball hell, sneezing like one of Snow Whites dwarves while my family looks on perplexed at this really bizarre reaction. 

What's even more insane is that I knew I was allergic before we got him,  so I went into this with my eyes wide open (this was before we got him and I could still see!).
So now every morning and evening I take antihistamines,  vitamin supplements,  garlic, echinacea, herbal remedies and pray to the woodland spirits, Gaia and the gods of hellfire to ease my suffering so my family can continue to enjoy the pleasures of a furry, purry killing machine with claws like vaccination needles and the insane need to bite me to show his affection!
What the feck does this have to do with my previous post about selfishness and covid? Well not much really,  other than it's amusing and it's about sacrificing my personal freedom and enduring a little suffering for someone else's benefit.  Admittedly its not really that much of a sacrifice as it's my family and who wouldn't suffer a little for their benefit. 
So if I'm sacrifice something for the betterment of others,  and i consider those others to be within my bubble of care then all I need to do is think about the size of my bubble of care when I have a decision to make about sacrificing something.  How big is my bubble of care and who is in it.  Sometimes it will be people I don't like,  but that shouldn't stop me caring!

Comments